Earthing Grounding designing
Optimal Grounding System Designing using world class Software:
DEW provides complete earthing design for substations and industrial units using world class computer software from SES Technologies, Canada. Our advanced grounding simulation software analyze and design grounding system and evaluates their performance. A CAD-based module is used to generate three-dimensional grounding grids and computation results in various graphical & print formats.
The ultimate objective of Ground Design Software is to meet design requirements for the given dimensions of the grid area & characteristics of conductors such as:
· Soil Resistivity & Soil type (Multi-Layer)
· Ground resistance
· Ground potential rise (GPR)
· Ground Potential Difference (GPD)
· Touch voltage
· Step voltage
· Fault current discharged by the grid.
To produce an optimized design the computer software analyzes and designs grounding systems and evaluates their performance. Carries out automated design with several procedures. Computes all above parameters and earth potentials at specific soil locations.
Our services include:
· Evaluation of existing earthing system
· Designing of new earthing system
Why we need an advanced earthing design?
- Safety compliance as per IEEE ST-80, 2000
- Smaller-area substations & higher fault levels
- More prevalent use of sensitive electronic machines/equipment
- Impact of transferred earth potentials needs to be mitigated
Application of advanced grounding simulation methods and design techniques:
The design of grounding systems are often based on thumb rules, excel based calculations, rough guidelines derived from engineering experience. It is frequently a trial-and-error procedure and there is no concrete results which can be analyzed.
It is also too difficult to account for the large number of variables such as:
- Standards like IEEE 80, IEC 429, IS 3043
- Fault clearing time
- Fault Current amplitude and location
- Soil Resistivity & Soil type (Multi-Layer)
- Earth Grid/Pit resistance
- Ground potential rise (GPR)
- Body resistance
- Touch & Step voltage
- Fibrillation current threshold computation
- Geometrical proportions of the grid
- Whether to go for grid or individual earthing
It is nearly impossible to keep check and balances in designing an earthing system due to the complexities of calculation. This makes software all the more essential.